This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for
those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and
services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
The Belmont is located in the town of Shanklin on the Isle of Wight. The AA 4Star Guest Accommodation is independent and has a long reputation for the warmth of our hospitality and personal attention.
We want your visit to be an experience you recall with pleasure and we look forward to welcoming you to
• For assistance prior to arrival please contact reservations on 01983867875
•To get to The Belmont from any port via Newport / Arretton, first follow signs to Sandown. Ignore signs to Shanklin about 2 miles from Newport and again at the mini roundabout in Apse Heath. In Lake (9 miles from Newport) turn right at the T junction Traffic Lights, where the road is marked S’LIN (NOT SANDOWN). After a mile, go half left at Five Ways Traffic Lights, sign posted Ventnor. This is Queens Road. The Belmont is a quarter of a mile on the right, opposite St Saviour’s Church. If you are coming from Ryde via Sandown, simply follow signs to Shanklin and the directions from the Five Ways Traffic Lights. is located in Queens Road opposite St Saviours Church.
• Taxis are readily available outside Shanklin train station
• The town bus station is an easy 5 minutes’ walk from the Belmont
• The centre of town is an easy 2-minutes’ walk from our door step
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• The hotel has 9 parking spaces
• There are 14 steps up to the front door of the hotel which can be opened wide to make entry and exit easy
• Assistance is provided wherever possible with parking and luggage.
Main Entrance & Reception
• Once through the front door the reception area is level with access to the bar, breakfast room and lounge area.
• The reception desk is located directly in front of you.
• The reception desk is 110cm high.
• On check in staff will brief you on our evacuation policy on request.
• The Breakfast room is to the right of Reception.
• The bar is located to the left as you enter the front hall.
• There are no steps to the breakfast room or bar.
• The floor in the front hall and bar is carpeted and the floor of the Breakfast room is wooden.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
• The Belmont is three floors high and access to the 10 of the 12 bedrooms is via a staircase only. 2 rooms are located on the same level of the main entrance. For your safety all rooms are covered with an up to date modern fire alarm system and our outside and public areas are monitored by CCTV
Public Areas - WC
• There is a toilet facility provided for ladies and gents.
• Access to the toilet is level, located to the left of reception desk.
• The floor surface in the toilet is slip resistant vinyl
• There is no colour contrast with critical surfaces and the sanitary ware is white.
Breakfast Room, Bar & Lounge Areas
• There is a bar situated on the ground floor with access to the left in the front hall.
• It has a level entry and is open plan with even carpeted flooring.
• The bar counter is in front upon entry.
• The tables are all of equal height and there are easy access chairs.
• Lighting is a combination of natural and electric light.
• The Breakfast Dining is also located on the ground floor alongside reception area.
• The Breakfast Dining provides table service throughout with assistance being available with the self-service buffet breakfast.
• Lighting is a combination of natural and electric light.
• We cater for most dietary needs, although prior warning is advised.
The lounge area has a combination of soft seating settees and armchairs.
• There is a small cabinet in the reception area which contains items for sale
• Items can be purchased through the reception desk.
• A Dr Detox Sauna is available for guest to use which is located on the first floor, dressing gowns are available for hire from reception.
• The Belmont has a large garden facility, with a swimming pool and with ample seating and can be utilised subject to weather conditions.
• We have 12 rooms in total, 10 rooms that are accessed via the main staircase. We have 2 bedrooms located on the same level of the main entrance.
• An audio alarm that is activated by the fire alarm and also smoke alarms in every bedroom.
• The bedrooms and bathrooms are generously proportioned but some provide more turning and transfer space than others .All rooms are centrally heated with individual radiator thermostat control.
• We try as far as possible to allocate bedrooms based upon individual guest needs.
• Emergency procedures are posted on the door to each bedroom and are explained upon request.
• Every bedroom has television with remote control.
• Flooring in all bedrooms are carpeted.
• Bedroom lighting can be switched on at the entrance to the room.
• There are bedside lights.
• There is a direct dial telephone in all bedrooms.
• We provide non allergenic bedding.
• All rooms are non-smoking in compliance with current legislation.
• Furniture within the rooms can be moved by Belmont staff only.
• All ensuite’s are either shower cubicle or bath, fitted with non-slip floor tiles or non-slip vinyl floors.
• Lighting is bright and all sanitary ware is mostly white.
Grounds and Gardens
• There is an East-facing dual-level Garden located in front of The Belmont alongside the car park.
• There is access to the gardens available either from the veranda area or via a gate on the side of the hotel. Access leads onto a level path that leads around the hotel to the gardens and pool area.
• If you require any assistance during your stay please contact reception.
• The Duty Manager can be contacted via reception
• We have a general evacuation procedure for guests and this will be explained upon check in, upon request.
• All housekeeping staff have been trained and are aware of procedures to aid privacy in bedrooms.
• There is excellent coverage for mobile phones throughout The Belmont.
• Wi-Fi is available throughout the lounge, reception areas and some bedrooms. (Subject to coverage availability)
• Address: The Belmont, 8 Queens Road, Shanklin, Isle of Wight PO37 6AN
• Telephone: 01983867875
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: www.belmont-iow.co.uk
• Hours of operation: 24 hours, 364 days per year
• Emergency number: Reception Dial 0
• We are constantly refurbishing and up grading our public rooms and bedrooms
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01983867875 or email: email@example.com